Featured Post

Greetings (Who is this guy?)

I've heard so much about the whole "Blog" thing and I have shrugged it off. I figured it was just a bunch of people who don...

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who's your Friend?

A little while ago, I thought it would be a good idea to open a Facebook profile and network. I would make friends, let them know what I was posting for the world to see and give them a chance to read and share their thoughts. People could e-mail me or post a comment on the blog itself.

The Facebook page as well as the Twitter page would give people a chance to see what I have to say about events that go on in the world. I give my opinion about what I am writing but I also try very hard to present all the facts and give both sides of the story.

Of course I want people to read but I also want to give people the chance to espress their views and ideas. I believe it is their right and it is also necessary for a society to progress.
It seems with every post I publish, I get a few more friends. It also seems I lose a few friends once the blog grows by each entry.

I thought simply opening a Facebook account and giving people access to one's views and ideas would give them another perspective and allow them to educate me on an idea or two. I never thought I could be "un-friended" by someone simply because my ideas didn't jibe with theirs.

I am still fascinated with the internet. It has allowed me to make new friends and find old ones. You can catch up with people you haven't seen or heard from in years. On the other hand, it has also allowed some not-so-good people to find me. I'm sure anyone who has gone out with someone they met over the internet has at least one interesting story to tell.

My point is this: I am happy to have "met" the people I have over Facebook. If your reading and it has been a while, I would like to hear or read what you have been up to over these years. It's not just me. There are other people who are out there who have fallen out of touch with you and we all have some stories to share and updates to give. Have a good day Thanks for reading this little public service.

No comments: