Featured Post

Greetings (Who is this guy?)

I've heard so much about the whole "Blog" thing and I have shrugged it off. I figured it was just a bunch of people who don...

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Helping Everyone Survive During Covid-19

My family and I are dealing with the "Social Distancing" in the best way we can, much like everyone else in our neighborhood. My wife works from home as a result of having a cold as Coronapalooza was reaching its height (I'm not sure we're at the top yet). My kids don't have school. They love it except for the part where we make them read or do some work they got from school. I have help with dishes and laundry. That gives me more time for things like waiting for this whole staying-indoors and avoiding people thing to subside.

We order take-out at my house from time to time. We are doing what we can to support the local businesses and hope they can make it and still be there when everyone can return to their everyday lives. We've recently made it a point to buy milk and other staples from the local corner store so they can also remain in business. I'm hoping you and your neighbors will think of doing the same thing. The person running the local business is someone who lives in your town. He or she may employ someone who lives in your town, maybe even on your street. It would mean a lot to them if you did a little shopping in their store every once in a while. They may not have everything you need, but I'm sure they could help you out. We can help them out.

The economy and the effect the Corona Virus could have is still in the news. No doubt, there is and will be a fallout from so many people having to stay home. People still have bills to pay and they need to buy food. That's why I am reminding people of their local corner store and local restaurant and sandwich shop. These places are members our community. They also have families that need to be supported. They employ people with families.

I wonder what positives will spring from this pandemic. Will people "keeping it local" be able to help the small business, not only survive, but also thrive? Sometimes, the corner store is closer than the grocery store. Nowadays, it is important that people are not outside or interacting as much with other people. The local store could help make that possible. It will help keep people in work and they won't have to get laid off. Local restaurants are offering takeout. Take advantage of this. Help your neighbors. Help your community.

No comments: