Featured Post

Greetings (Who is this guy?)

I've heard so much about the whole "Blog" thing and I have shrugged it off. I figured it was just a bunch of people who don...

Sunday, January 05, 2020

'Tis Always the Season for Kindness

Another Holiday Season has passed us by. I have finally started to take everything down and, at the rate I am going, I may have a beautiful Valentine's tree in my house.

I am always curious to see the generosity being amped up around Christmas. The Salvation Army has its drums and bells out for all to see and here. Local organizations hold drives to collect gifts for those who can't afford them. More donations for pantries so all can enjoy something. In Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", one of the solicitors at Scrooge's office explained that Christmas is a time when, "want is more keenly felt."

The page has turned to a new year and now people are just waiting for the clock to run down on winter and turn to spring unless you happen to be a skier or snowboarder. Everything is returning back to their respective normal.

I hope this year, people will continue their generosity towards those who could use it. It's always nice to see people give a little more during the Holidays but just because Christmas is over doesn't mean everyone's situation has improved. There is always a need for people and the organizations that help them. Grocery stores have bins by the exits for people to leave something. Buy a box of something and leave it in the bin on your way out. Put an extra dollar in the plate or basket at church. Drop some change in someone's cup as you pass them on the street.

Don't stop with the needy. Help someone loading something in the car. Put a carriage back. Let someone make that left turn. Help someone out. Let someone help you.

Happy New Year. I'm going to work on my tree.

No comments: