Featured Post

Greetings (Who is this guy?)

I've heard so much about the whole "Blog" thing and I have shrugged it off. I figured it was just a bunch of people who don...

Monday, November 05, 2012

Take advantage of your right. Do your civic duty

The 2012 Campaign is coming to a close. Some are thrilled about this.

I am one of the many undecided voters who are wondering which direction the country is headed. My phone has been ringing with robocalls from politicians and celebrities asking me to vote for a certain politician or to vote yes or no on a question. I will give my thoughts on the ballot questions further down on this post but for now, I want to encourage you who are reading to vote tomorrow.

I don't care if you are a Republican or a Democrat Parties, groups and factions have been making noise for the entire year about the issues. Thie only voice that matters is yours when you go to your local polling station and cast your vote. This is your right. You get the chance to decide who will represent you and what laws will be passed. This is your chance to tell who is in office if you agree with the policies that have been set. Do not waste this chance to improve your city, state, and country. If you do not take advantage of this opportunity, you will have negated your right to complain.

Now for my opinion on the questions on tomorrow's ballot:

Question 1 asks if consumers should be able to have access to diagnostic and repair information. If the question is passed, effective in 2015, a new car will not be sold unless the consumer has access to this information. The consumer will have to pay in order to access this information.
While I am a proponent of the "Right to Repair" and have explained my reasons for supporting it, I do not support this question. Why a consumer should have to pay extra for a car they already own is beyond me. This is nothing more than another reason to force someone to pay more. The law should be rewritten so that people should not be charged more and the consumer is truly protected. Vote No.

Question 2 will allow a terminally ill patient to end their own life. This is an issue that I hope I will never have to address. The patient will take medication perscribed by a doctor. I believe if a patiend wants to end their life they will, regardless of a balot question. I also believe if they want to end their life, they should have a quick and painless way to do it. I am not convinced this question does that. Vote No.

Question 3 will allow people to have a 60-day supply of marijuana for medicinal purposes. While I understand marijuna helps ease one's suffering, I also believe the law is too broad. For instance, There is nothing in the law that describes a "60-day supply". The law also gives people the right to grow marijuana on their own if they do not have access to a treatment center. In my opinion, this law is not specific enough when it comes to describing accessibility and hardships. I also feel it will be confusing for law enforcement in determining if someone is lawfully possessing it. There is too much of a gray area. Vote No.

No comments: